For the most up to date information, please visit the SBA PPP website and the US Treasury Website
Forgiveness $150,000 and Under Loans
SBA Paycheck Protection Program
(Updated February 2, 2021)
- SBA has issued updated versions of the PPP forgiveness applications (3508S) with a new expiration date of 7/31/2021. All new applications must use the most current version available. Links to the most current applications are available below.
- If you have not applied or received an email from the Bank confirming your application has been submitted to SBA and wish to complete this application you may do so and upload to our online portal.
- If you have previously submitted a prior application, please upload the 3508S application into the “additional document” category. Otherwise if this is your first time in our portal please upload the application to the corresponding application category. Please see below for a link to the application and instruction set.
- Please provide the Bank with all the supporting documentation to support your loan forgiveness application.
- Make sure the application is 100% complete and accurate, otherwise the SBA Forgiveness Portal may reject the submission.
- If the Bank determines there is any missing information or documentation you will be notified prior to the Bank uploading to SBA.
- The Bank assumes nothing on your Application. We are required to input the Application data as presented and required to upload your application at the time of forgiveness submission.
- Lender has 60 days from receipt of a complete Application, including all required documentation, to decide on Forgiveness.
- Once a decision is made and documentation is uploaded to the SBA, SBA has 90 days to remit Forgiveness.
- You may submit for Forgiveness once your funds are exhausted.
- See Forgiveness Application(s) and instruction(s) below for documentation needed to upload.
Loan Payment Information
- No loan payments are required during the Forgiveness Process.
- Per the SBA, you have ten months from the end of your Covered Period to apply for Forgiveness (“Forgiveness Period“).
- Your first payment (if applicable) will be due as follows:
- 30 days after your Forgiveness Period, if you have not submitted an application for forgiveness, or
- 30 days after the Bank receives the SBA’s decision on forgiveness and funds, if any, if your loan has not been forgiven in whole.
- If applicable, the Bank will notify you of your payment amount and when your first payment is due.
Change of Ownership within an entity that has received a PPP loan
- SBA Approval may be required prior to a change of ownership for an entity that has received a PPP loan, if your PPP Note is not fully satisfied.
- If SBA Approval is required, SBA will review and provide determination within 60 calendar days of receipt of a complete request.
- If you are considering a change of ownership and have an outstanding PPP loan please contact the Bank as early in the process as possible at SBAServicing@FresnoFirstBank.com so that we may work with you to determine if SBA Approval is required.
- Please refer to the SBA Notice for additional details outlined by the SBA.
- Complete your application and organize your relevant supporting documentation
- If you have not yet accessed the SECURE email the Bank sent providing you with your loan numbers required to complete your application, please email SBAPPP@FresnoFirstBank.com.
- Upload your application and required supporting documentation to our online portal via DocFox as per your application instructions. If you are unable to locate the invite to our online portal, please check your junk/spam folder before contacting us at SBAPPP@FresnoFirstBank.com. If your link is expired please contact us at the same email address mentioned above. The bank will not be emailing you to provide you with a list of documentation to upload.
- Fresno First Bank will review your application and documentation. We will contact you if there is any missing documentation to complete your application for Forgiveness.
- Once our review is complete you will be notified of the Bank’s decision on Forgiveness, at which time Fresno First Bank will submit the Forgiveness Application to SBA.
If you have received an invitation to the portal or are preparing for forgiveness where do you start?
- To qualify for the 3508S application your loan must be $150,000 and under.
SBA FORM 3508S Application
- You cannot upload more than one document to each category in DocFox – Please scan/merge relevant documents together or upload documents in the “Additional Document” categories.
- Due to the system’s security features, you cannot view documents once they are uploaded.
- After you successfully upload a document you will see the message “Being Reviewed”. You will not receive a confirmation email saying you submitted documents.
What Happens After you Submit your Application
- Your documentation is checked. If errors are noted or questions arise when reviewing the Forgiveness documentation provided, Fresno First Bank will contact you.
- You will receive a notification from the Bank within 60 days after receipt of your COMPLETED package. This notification will indicate the status of your application as either approved in whole, approved in part or denied.
- Once a decision has been reached, the request will be submitted to the SBA. SBA is then allotted 90 days to review the request and send the forgiven amount to the Lender to settle the loan balance.
- The SBA and US Treasury reserves the right to audit any SBA PPP Loan application. If your loan is being audited by the SBA you will be informed by the Lender and additional information will be requested at that time. If your loan is being audited, a decision on forgiveness will be delayed.
- Please be advised that you are required to retain all PPP Loan records for up to 6 years after the loan is forgiven or paid in full.